Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Marchelewski Wedding: March 3, 2012

In March we headed for Long Island, NY for our youngest (Marchelewski) nephew's wedding. Since the guests had to be at least 16 years old, Christian and I decided to make this a solo trip (no kids!). Our anniversary is March 4th and we thought it would be nice to get away together, something we have not done without our kids in tow since our oldest son Christian was born (who at this time was 15)!

Care-free and kid-free we made our long trek up to NY driving the entire way, no planned stops other than for gas and to stretch! When you have a limited time to travel and you choose to drive over flying because of expense you gotta do what you gotta do! This isn't the 1st time we have made a trip like this and probably won't be the last :/ We had a friend lend us his car for this trip (a Chrysler 300! Oh Yeah!). I planned on driving the whole way (except maybe in NY traffic) because my husband drives like a mad man and it is very hard to relax when you are holding on for dear life!

This is my favorite picture from our drive up to NY. It's my view from my mirror of all the traffic we hit coming into NY. I am proud to say I managed to drive through all of this by MYSELF for the 1st time! I am very proud!

This is the sign that lets you know that "home" isn't far away! 
Even though I am not from Long Island, "home" is where your family is! 

We left Thursday (March 1) afternoon after I got out of work and arrived Friday evening. We were so excited that we finally made it up there and had made plans to stay with Christian's cousin Donna and her husband, Andre. We had not seen them since Christian's father passed away in August 2005 so it was much needed time to catch up!

Donna with her 2 precious children, Mya & Jordan. This was late Friday night so as you can see everyone was kinda sleepy :)

Just to give a little history about our family before I go on about the wedding...
Daniel (the groom) was almost 4 the first time I met him. When Christian and I got married (March 4, 1995) I had not yet met any of his family other than his parents and his sister, Edna, who is about 4 years older than Christian. They lived in Jesup, GA and his older brothers at that time lived in Long Island, NY. Christian has 2 older brothers, Joseph (we call him Joe) & Brian. Daniel is Joe's youngest son. Until Christian and I started having children Dan was the youngest Marchelewski. I fell in love with him the first time I met him. He had dark skin and dark eyes and these chubby little cheeks. He fought with his mother every night about taking a bath (which I learned later that my own sons would do, too). He was just this cute little guy, full of energy that you couldn't help but love! I couldn't believe time had flown by and he was now getting married!

Dan and Jen got married at this cute little church, Eastport Bible Church, in Eastport, New York. Here is a picture of Dan waiting for his bride with his brother (and best man) Ben by his side...

They walked down the aisle to the song "Yellow" by Coldplay and it was absolutely a perfect fit for their ceremony! Everyone had yellow roses either in their bouquets or boutonnieres...it was perfect! A bouquet of yellow roses makes you think of sunny, cheerful feelings of warmth, happiness, and friendship. I am not really sure of the significance the yellow roses had for Dan or for Jen but they made me think of Christian's mother, who passed away in November 2003. The yellow rose was her absolute favorite and so in some way I feel like she was there and very much a part of this very special day. As Jen walked in the doors right beside me I was blown away by how elegant she looked! Her dress was gorgeous and her HAIR (gasp!) here is a picture of this beautiful sight...


Jen, Dan, & Ben standing together as Joe reads 1 John 4:7-11
 7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Joe reading scripture...

There was a yellow rose placed at the alter in memory of Jen's foster mother who had passed away from cancer.

Dan reading his vows

 in which he included "and to eat 7 Eleven nochos with you for as long as I live!" 
LOL :D

Jen reading her vows...

Jen gets a ring :)

Dan gets a ring :)

They are now married and have it sealed with a kiss...

Smiles!! This is my FAVORITE picture!

After this beautiful wedding we headed over to Sunset Harbour for their reception! There was great food, lots of catching up with family we hadn't seen, and just a little bit of dancing :) It was an amazing time and I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to take part in this very special day for Dan & Jen who's anniversary is now just 1 day before our anniversary! The next day we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary...I couldn't think of anyone else we would rather celebrate with! Congratulations to Dan & Jen! May you both be blessed with many happy years together <3

Here is a picture of Christian and I with the newly weds. We love these 2 soooo much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment