Thursday, September 6, 2012

Learning to "Capture" Myself

Going through some of my albums on my laptop I came across some pictures that I really want included in my blog. I intend to have this year published into a book and would not want these pictures to be left out.

Back in January my Uncle Harold came down to Georgia to visit and brought along Aunt Monica, too! It was a real treat to have them come down and any time that any of my family come down to Georgia I try to make at least one dinner and have everyone over to eat. My Uncles always enjoy my food, which I am thrilled to cook for them, and it is also a time for my children to have them here with us. I always jump at the chance to create memories for my children!

My Uncle Harold had a special role in my life as a child so my heart warms every time I get the opportunity to visit with him. I LOVE MY UNCLE HAROLD! This man taught me how to ride a two wheeled bicycle and a 4-wheeler! I spent weekends at his house as a child hanging out with his 2 sons, Aaron and Adam. I spent Halloweens at his house riding through his haunted hayrides. He always allowed me to decide what we would eat when I spent the weekends at his house, which always turned out to be homemade pizzas! I could go on and on...I would probably have to say that most, if not all, of my happy childhood memories my Uncle Harold had a hand in creating. I can't say enough about the kindness and love my uncle has shown to me throughout my life.

He has visited us down here in Georgia several times but this visit was different. The past couple years my uncle has experienced a lot of health issues. He is currently battling throat cancer. He had finished treatments and was between doctor appointments so decided to come down south to get out of the extreme winter upstate New York has to offer. He loves the warmer winter weather the south has to offer and this was his chance to come enjoy some of it. Usually he would load up his pickup truck and trailer containing his Harley Davidson motorcycle and make the long drive down here. This time he took a plane down since he has had to give up riding his bike because his body just can't handle riding it any more. That was a sad thing to hear because as long as I can remember, my uncle's choice of transportation has always been his Harley.

This year I have really been trying to push myself out from behind the camera to in front of the camera. So many of our family memories that have been captured do not include me in them at all. When it is my time to leave this world behind I want my children to have pictures of me to remember the times when I was healthy and loving life! I have lost so many people in my life and have no pictures of myself with them and would do anything to have a picture to look at. So, this time my uncle was here and I was going to get in front of the camera with my favorite uncle who means so much to me. Life is so short and one day he will no longer be here to come visit and I will have that small memento of the two of us together. I pray that God touches and heals his body from the top of his head to the tips of his toes. I want him to stay here on this earth as long as God will allow. I hope my uncle knows how much I love him and how much sweeter he made my life by being in it. I love you, Uncle Harold! :)

 Just me and my Uncle Harold <3

Uncle Harold & Aunt Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment